Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Equipment must-have: TSC Quantum Turbo SC

Battery packs...ugh!
For a non-gearhead like me, buying new equipment can be stressful. I don´t want to spend money unnecessarily but at the same time, I want to be prepared for jobs that require special equipment.
One moment that I want to avoid is not being able to use my flash consistently throughout wedding receptions. Most wedding receptions take place in areas that are sparcely lit. It is inevitable that I will be using flash throughout the reception, which means 4 or 5 hours of coverage.
Most flashes that I use require 22A batteries. I have invested in rechargeable batteries, and carry around with me extras at all time. Nonetheless, the recycle time of the flash between shots is long AND I am never aware when the flash is losing battery power.
I invested in the TSC Quantum Turbo SC Slimpack about a year ago to resolve these issues. Using this battery pack attached to my waistbelt during weddings is a great solution to any problems I had in the past. I am able to take at least 400 pictures using full power flash AND the recycle time that I can take the next picture is less than 3 seconds. I am also able to monitor the power of the battery because it comes with a power gauge.

That being said, I am very happy with this purchase and feel more complete for weddings. I can shoot all day without any worries of battery fail. In the future, I will try out this pack for time lapse photography.