Monday, January 31, 2011

www.sethgodin.com

Seth Godin has made a big name for himself lately as a social media expert. I heard about him first from an excellent photographer named Chase Jarvis. He provoked me to buy Seth´s book, "Linchpin:Are you Indispensable?". It is a great read about how to sell yourself and most importantly, the book inspired me to recognize that passion for your work is more important than wealth. I enjoyed his explanation of how society pressures us to choose a path that my not be our own, and how we cannot fold under these pressures. After finishing this book, I book another one of his titled,"Graceful". I felt like I was reading the same book as the one that I had finished, so it was not as inspirational. Nonetheless, he has a lot of positive things to say and I really feel like he supports the artist dream.

On his blog, he has posted many e-books for free for readers to enjoy. I have them bookmarked for future reading. I think it is a good idea to read something from him once a month because his words help me focus in on my authentic path of being a photographer.

Check it out: www.sethgodin.com